• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Hot Cars & The Detail Products Used To Achieve It

S

Slim

Well, I got the first opportunity to fully detail the Speed3 a week or so ago. Here is the lineup I used and some pics:

Products & Order of Steps:
1. Wash & Dry
2. Clay Bar
3. Rinse & Dry
4. Meguiars Swirl Remover #9
5. Meguiars Pro Machine Glaze #3
6. Meguiars Hi-Tech Liquid Car Wax #26

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Looks awesome man! You picked a great time of day to take the pics, so the sun helped accent the subtle curves of the car.

S

Slim

I fully detailed my wife's 98 Toyota Corolla and thought I'd post the before and after pics. I used my usual lineup which was the following:

Products & Order of Steps:
1. Wash & Dry
2. Clay Bar
3. Rinse & Dry
4. Meguiars Swirl Remover #9
5. Meguiars Pro Machine Glaze #3
6. Meguiars Hi-Tech Liquid Car Wax #26

Hood Before:

Hood After:

Roof Before:

Roof After:

Trunk Before (Notice the Scratches):

Trunk After (Scratches are virtually gone):

A Couple More...

W

WhiteSpy9

I need to get me some of those meguiars products!

Fantastic job!

J

JustROLLIN

I will be sure to take some before and after pics of my 3 this weekend. Nate is going to give it a special treatment and it has some fairly nasty digs and scratches.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
here is a car i detailed for a customer at the end of October.

I used Poorboys SSR1 with a a white LCC pad.

I then topped that with a Sorry to say it Preston synthetic wax.

Here are the befores.

Here are the afters.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Looks beautiful Nate, but I really miss the obligatory front-on hood picture or the 3/4 front corner picture to get the maximum reflection. The one you took close-up from the side that totally shows you taking the picture is pretty awesome though.

I've never even HEARD of Preston products. Is that a known brand or something the owner picked up at a flea market or what? I've never used Poorboys either. Is that one of your favorites?

S

Slim

I've been behind on detailing and meaning to give the ol MS3 the full treatment again. Finally got around to it this weekend, 6 hours later she's shining.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Slim

Lookin good. I like what you've done with your garage too.
Thanks. That's what I've been up to and why I haven't been to any MNMazda events in awhile. Maybe I'll post some before and after pics in another thread.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
I'm definitely jealous of the garage, Tim. Not the look (although the framed pics of fucking classy, no way around it), but because it's so damn CLEAN!! No kids toys/pool toys cluttering it all up etc.

k.trazy

Damn. All these cars look brilliant.. I wonder how I should go along washing my 3 without getting scratches all over it. Two bucket system would be a good start, I suppose.. Doesn't really help I live in an apartment complex though..

ohsixspeedsix

Owl Exterminator!!
Touchless car wash, then use some of that spray on wipe off car wash stuff when you get home. That's how I would do it if I ever had a car with brand spanking new paint lol. I was the ms6 at holiday and I swear by it. Idk why but it just comes out better than any other place including myself.