• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Hot Cars & The Detail Products Used To Achieve It

S

Slim

I think we should have a thread (maybe stickied) to show off our detail work and explain what products we used. That way people can see examples of cars and paint colors that we are familiar with and what products worked well or not so well.

So, post up your pre and/or post-detail pics and tell us what you used and if you liked it or not. I know this will help people pick out better products when they stare at the aisle full of stuff at the auto parts store or look online.

To start it off, I just finished detailing my silver 2003 6i and was very pleased with the affordability and results of the Meguiar's products I used with a Porter Cable polisher.

-Clay Bar
-Meguiars Swirl Remover #9
-Meguiars Pro Machine Glaze #3
-Meguiars Hi-Tech Liquid Car Wax #26

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WhiteSpy9

Detail done on June 12th.

Wash with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner.
Meg's Step #1 Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner
Meg's Step #2 Deep Crystal System Paint Polish
Meg's Step #3 Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax

Before: Not the best angle, but you can see that the leaves in the reflection are fuzzy/blurry.
--> Click for actual size.

After: Better angle. Notice the finer detail of the leaves in the reflection.

S

Slim

Alright, here is my Dad's 442. I realize it's not a Mazda, but after I detailed it for Car Craft Nationals last week I took a few pics of my work. Enjoy.

Line up used:
-Clay Bar
-Meguiars Swirl Remover #9
-Meguiars Pro Machine Glaze #3
-Meguiars Hi-Tech Liquid Car Wax #26

The few clouds around that day.

There is a Mazda there if you look in the right spot...

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WhiteSpy9

winter detail....

Followed up my previous detail last month with a wash & wax today.
Last Month:
XMT#1
XMT#3
XMT Finishing Glaze
Meg's Liquid Gold Class Wax
Today:
Meg's Gold Class Shampoo
Meg's Liquid Gold Class Wax

All pictures are from today and are inside. Clear coat already has some marks in it, but I am still happy with the results!

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Well I got Dan's new car detailed and here it is.

I used Poorboy's SSR 1 to polish.
I used Mequiar's carnauba wax to top it all off.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Poorboy's does not leave that much residue. It has a shorter working time then I am use to though.

On a scale of 1 to 10 of ease of use I will give it a 3-4

It is very easy to use and can be removed very easy with a MF towel.

Workdawg

NARWHAL
Wow, I look like a damn goon in the first two, but hey. Thanks again for the great job, and the picks Nate. I finally got pics off Jenny's camera from the day after the detail. It looks even better in the sun. I'll post them up tonight hopefully.

Last edited:
W

WhiteSpy9

Nate,

Hasn't it been cold out? How/where did you do the detail? Inside?

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
No it was high 40s low 50 the day we did the detail. It makes it a bit harder to work the products but it can still be done.

Workdawg

NARWHAL
Alright, finally got the pics I took online. These are from the day after the detail Nate did, when the sun finally came out.

dirtyd

don't get too used to a non blemished hood! Fuggen paint chips like you wouldn't believe...I really wish I would have splurged and got a clear coat or something on my car...FRIGGEN A!