Hengel Custom Design (custom work)

Discussion in 'Appearance and Body Modification' started by ohsixspeedsix, Nov 10, 2011.

1. ohsixspeedsix

ohsixspeedsix Owl Exterminator!!

I figured I'd start this thread with the purpose of a place to propose new ideas and keep track and up to date customer projects. Ie. the MSP spoilers.

I am about to get to work on the templates for the MSP. I will probably send some templates through to Corey or Jay so they can test fit them to help figure out the basic shape.

Also someone on streetfire mentioned they wanted these front lips for the ms6 http://carissued.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/2007-MAZDASPEED6.jpg
    Any other ms6 owners interted in these if I made them?

2. ohsixspeedsix

MSP Spoiler Shapes

Very subtle differences. Which looks best. Or what would you change?

936.jpg 937.jpg 938.jpg 939.jpg

3. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Hmm... I think my order of preference from favorite to least favorite is 2, 4, 3, 1. I think a more upright spoiler would flow the best, versus the ducktail shape.

4. ohsixspeedsix

funny because my favorites are 3, 1, 2, 4. lol.
    We'll have to see what corey thinks. My opinion hardly matters being it's not my car.

5. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

2, 3, 1, 4 for me. 2 and 3 seem to flow with the lines of the car more imo, while 4 is way too upright and 1 has a cool shape but it juts up off the decklid rather than flowing smoothly. If #1 came straight off the back end of the trunklid in sort of a Speed6-esque way, then that would be my favorite for sure.

6. ohsixspeedsix

Alright. I think I'm going to make a final drawing with a slightly modified version of 2. And see how it looks. Also, Jay, I think the best way for me to get these perfect will be to steal your trunk lid for a while. So if you can get that to me that would be solid. I might be unbolting tranny and engine of the miata this weekend if you and/or aj wanna come lend a hand and drop that off.

7. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Do you want to PM me your address? I might not have a ton of time to hang out, but I can almost definitely swing by for at least a little while.

8. Cmezz331

Cmezz331 Member

I'm liking 3 the best so far. Then 2 then 1. 4 is a little too abrupt. Lookin good though!

9. Cmezz331

Cmezz331 Member

i lied. 3,1,2,4. now that its not on a 2 inch screen XD

10. Cmezz331

Cmezz331 Member

Any of dem updates?

11. Cmezz331

Cmezz331 Member

Picked up an 03.5 spoiler for 20$, so lip is not needed anymore....BUT, id still be interested in a roof spoiler.....

12. ohsixspeedsix

Alright cool man. We'll get right on that roof spoiler when the weather turns around.