• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Good Eats Recipes Please Keep it on Topic.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Here's how you cook good rice.

Take the rice, put it in a pan. Remember, the rice you start with will triple in size, so plan accordingly.

Put water in the pan, about an inch over the rice level.

Cook for approx 30 minutes or until rice is good and fluffy. Should be sticky, depending on the style.

dmention7

Hater
About 2-3 cups of uncooked rice go in a medium sized pan, BTW.

And this is for the good stuff, not Uncle Bens. Go be a big spender and drop $20 on a 25lb bag, instead of $3 on a teeny box of instant rice.

dmention7

Hater
How about this one: Mint Truffles (these are f-ing amazing)

Pulverize one package of mint oreos to dust in a blender (works best to crush about 6 at a time)

Pour the oreo powder in a bowl and mix in a block (8 oz) of softened cream cheese and a few drops of mint extract until smooth

Refrigerate for an hour or so, then roll into little balls and place on a cookie sheet--place back in the refrigerator

Melt about one and a half packages of semi-sweet baking chocolate, use a spoon to dip the oreo/cream cheese balls in the chocolate, then place on wax paper to dry.

Use the leftover chocolate to cover up any bare spots on the truffles. You can even melt some white chocolate and make little designs on the truffles if you're enough of a badass.

Put em in the fridge until they're nice and cold, and you're done.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Well I made Tom start this thread I better post a recipe in it.

This is for Steak Fajitas

1 lb of flank steak or skirt steak or any steak you have. I use the older stuff from the freezer

1 large yellow onion peeled and sliced and I dice mine but you can do whatever you want.

2 large bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, sliced lengthwise into half-inch wide strips

Marinade:
About the juice of 1 lime I like more
3 Tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 fresh Jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
A teaspoon of dried cilantro
A clove of minced garlic

Mix all marinade ingredients. I like to slice the steaks up first but you can do what you like. Set the steak in the marinade and let it sit at least an hour, the longer the better.

Cook steak to the desired doneness is reached. Now this is up to you ether cook the onions with the steak or on the side. Cook the onion and pepper till the onion is just turning translucent.

Serve it up with your favorite toppings on tortilla or hard tacos.

S

Slim

A teaspoon of dried cilantro
Fail.

Always use fresh cilantro, your tastebuds will thank you. A bunch is like $0.59 at the grocery store.

And you can take the rest of the bunch, pull it off the stems, chop it and put it in with the rice after you cook it, squeeze in some lime juice, put that in a tortilla with your fajitas and you've got your own Chipotle Fajita Burrito.

M

MazdaMINI

For tasty roasted potatoes

Cut potatoes and place in a pan
add a can of cream of chicken to potatoes
add pepper, garlic, salt any seasonings you would like.
add some water or chicken broth.

Cook for 45 minutes to an hour
Take out of oven and eat entire pan!

M

mazdamn02

Five Soup Casserole

2lbs lean ground beef
2 medium onions chopped
1 can cream of mushroom
Cream of chicken soup
Cream of celery soup
chicken w rice soup
Beef w barley 'n veggie soup
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/4 cup instant rice uncooked

Brown ground beef and onion together (drain fat when done). Season with salt and pepper to taste while browning. Put meat in a large bowl. Add soups rinsing out each can with 1/4 cup water. Mix well and fold in all of the rice uncooked. Place in 9 x 13. Cover and bake in a 350 oven for one hour.

Delish!

Z

Z-licious

Take frozen burritto out of plastic wrapper
Place in microwave.
Turn on HIGH for 2 minutes.
Let stand 45 seconds before taking it out
Enjoy!

There's your recipe Tom, you very cool guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Great Topic!

Chicken & Ranch Pizza

-First grill your choice of chicken till fully cooked. A GF Grill works wonders for this! Cut to desired slices.
-Pizza Crust of your choice (either make your own or buy one from the store)
-Spread Ranch Dressing evenly as the pizza sauce, holds it's thickness, so what you put on is what you get.
-Add spices or your favorite pizza seasoning on the sauce as you see fit.
-Add grilled chicken, any addition toppings(we use green onlives and even cut up Dill Pickles), and your favorite pizza cheese.
-Heat oven to temp and cook as directed by direction on store bought crust (or to 400 degrees and till crust is golden brown if home made). Don't rely soley on a timer.

My famous Taco Shit recipie coming soon!

I should do a recipie of the month on the website!!!!!

upgtx

I just use a rice cooker, it OWNS! Here is my contribution, a DELICIOUS cheesecake.

INGREDIENTS:
• 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
• 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
• 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 1/3 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
• 1/2 cup whipping cream
PREPARATION:
Combine chocolate cookie crumbs and butter, stirring well. Firmly press mixture evenly over the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric hand-held mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well.

Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla and 2/3 cup chocolate chips. Pour mixture into crust. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes; turn oven off and leave oven door ajar.
Leave cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a on a wire rack. Cover cheesecake, refrigerate, and chill 8 hours.
Melt remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips in top of double boiler; gradually stir in whipping cream. Stir over low heat until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat and spread over cheesecake. Chill thoroughly.
Chocolate chip cheesecake serves 10 to 12.

mOjO

Panzenella Salad that pwns:

1ea. Red Bell, Yellow Bell, Green bell, Orange Bell Pepper.
1/2 English Cucumber
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Half a red onion
Handful of basil
Half a small jar of capers
Small handful of pitted calamata olives.

Take two small baguettes and cube them. Add Olive Oil to a large skillet with a little grated salt and pepper. Fry the bread on all sides into crutons. Set asside and add with the dressing 10 minutes or so before serving.

For the dressing add
Champagne Vinnager
Olive Oil
Dribble of caper Juice
Dribble of Calamata Olive Juice
Minced garlic
Fine, whole seed, mustard