• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

FS: Infinity Reference speakers and BassLink powered subwoofer!

D

DrWebster

1. Infinity Reference 6x8 2-way speakers. These include wiring harness adapters for use in 1st gen Mazda 3's. A little surface corrosion on the mounting ears (from using non-stainless fasteners) but sound awesome! The tweeters swivel for aiming. Asking $40.

2. Infinity Reference 5 1/4" component speaker system. The woofers include mounting adapters for use in 6x8 openings but are easily removed. Also includes woofer grilles, tweeter mounting bits, etc. The tweeters fit perfectly in the openings for factory 1st gen Mazda 3 tweeters, just need a little hot glue to hold them in. Asking $80.

3. Infinity BassLink powered subwoofer. Has a 10" woofer, 10" passive radiator (on the other side), and a 200-watt amp all in a compact package. This thing has served me very well over the years, and the fact that Infinity still sells it over 10 years after introducing it says something. Asking $120.

dmention7

Hater
Hmm, let me do some checking on my rear door speaker sizes, but I am definitely interested in the Basslink + 5-1/4" speakers.

D

DrWebster

Sounds good Jay, let me know. I'll be at the BBQ in June.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Wait, you're gonna hock the Basslink? that's been through like 100 cars! You need to put it in ze new one.

dmention7

Hater
Do you know the mounting depth on the 5-1/4" speakers? It looks like I can go up to 2-3/8" depth on the front doors. The 6x8s will probably not work for me though.

D

DrWebster

Do you know the mounting depth on the 5-1/4" speakers? It looks like I can go up to 2-3/8" depth on the front doors. The 6x8s will probably not work for me though.
From the backside of the mounting flange, the speakers are...2-3/8" deep exactly lol. If you use any kind of mounting bracket (i.e. to adapt the speaker to a 6-1/2" opening, for example), you'll gain about an extra 1/4" of clearance.