FS: 2004 GTO - Torried Red 6speed + SAP Package ... Mods? It has them! 425whp worth

Discussion in 'All Non Mazda Ads' started by Picklz, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Most on this site are familiar with the car. I'm not really expecting a lot of traction (no pun intended) on selling it till closer to spring. But I'm getting the ad put together and am going to start posting it for sale.

So, the car. It's a 2004 Torrid Red GTO. 5.7L LS1, 6 speed manual. 53,xxx miles, Torrid red exterior + black interior. Clean title. Car is in really clean shape, was a CA car for most of it's life. You'll be hard pressed to come across another that looks the way this does (Sport Appearance Package).

I bought the car from CA and drove it back to MN this past spring, sometime in June the transmission locked up. I pulled it out and it was determined the bearing that the reverse gear rides on had failed causing the output shaft to seize up. I ordered a Level IV transmission from RPM Transmissions (have receipts) to replace it with, being the car had the stock clutch in it, and the transmission was already out I also put in a level 3 monster clutch, billet flywheel, new slave cylinder, new pilot bearing, remote clutch bleeder, and Billet Products short throw shifter. Car has around 1000 miles on it since installing said items and is running great.

Car was dynoed at MAP this spring at ~425whp. This was through 3.91 rear end gears, which generally read around 10-15whp lower or so than stock gearing.

Below is a mod list, I'm sure I've missed some items so I'll add anything I think of. The suspension work was all done around 30,000 miles, all of the drivetrain items happened around 50k, and the cam+valvetrain was at around 38k.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'm asking $16,000 obo for the car, will offer a bit of a discount to any of the MN mazda crew since you guys are awesome.

Engine Mods:
    Trickflow 215 CNC heads
    CompCams 226 / 226 .569/.569 114 LSA Cam
    YTerra Roller Rockers
    7.4 Hardened Pushrods
    Patriot Gold Springs
    Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers
    Nick Williams Throttle Body
    Fast 92mm Intake Manifold
    LPE Intake
    LS4 Oil Pump
    LS2 Timing Chain
    MSD Plug Wires
    Bassani Dual Exhaust w/ Quad Tips
    160* TStat
    ASP underdrive pully
    AMW Catch Can
    36lb Bosch Injectors
    Optima Redtop

Suspension:
    Pedders Springs (F&R) 3/8" Drop
    Pedders Struts (F&R)
    Pedders Radius Rod bushings

Drivetrain:
    gForce Half Shafts
    Monster Level 3 Clutch w/ Billet Flywheel
    New Slave Cylinder w/ Remote Bleeder
    RPM Level IV T-56 Transmission (new in the last 1000 miles)
    Billet Products Short Throw Adjustable shifter
    3.91 Gears
    Torco rear diff fluid

Exterior / Appearance:
    SAP Front Bumper Extension
    SAP Rear Bumper
    SAP Sideskirts
    SAP Front Grills
    2005 Hood
    2006 Tail lights
    18x8.5 / 18x9.5 Ruff Racing 280's
    20% Tint Front / Limo sides/back
    HID headlights

Interior:
    Kenwood Excelon DDX8017 double DIN DVD Player
    ipod integration kit
    Red Interior door and trim panels from a red interior GTO (still has black seats).
    Redline Goods Custom Leather shift boot

Other:
    BMR Skidplate

More pictures to come but this will get things started:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;OVs9mXtC0jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVs9mXtC0jc[/video]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

Your tags > this thread.

Throw up for sale/trade offer on some LS1 and 'vette forums.

I'll be sad to see it go but damn I can't wait 'til your next project!