Figure I should introduce myself 'round here.

Discussion in 'The Intros' started by Wildfyre116, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Wildfyre116

Wildfyre116 New Member

Hey all,

Some of you might know me already (Tauni 0.o) depending on what boards you've been on, but I'm Tom, and currently drive a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT. I picked it up last November and have been slowly modding it since then. Prior to the MS3 I had a black MSP with some light mods, bought off MNSC from another local. Most of my car history has been in turbo Mitsubishi (Conquest/Starion & 1G DSMs), though I've owned 19 vehicles overall and have dabbled in a few different platforms. I'm located in Eagan and drive to Chaska once or twice a week, so maybe you've seen me around.

Other than cars, beer is probably my biggest passion. I homebrew on a simple setup, and do hard-cider and all styles of beer. Just kegged a double-IPA last night, and it's dangerously tasty at ~9% ABV. Anyone else homebrew?

Here's a pic of MS3, minus the removed door-ding moldings and sans black-emblems:
    [​IMG]

2. Wildfyre116

Wildfyre116 New Member

Realized there's a sub-forum for introductions, so I'm officially a retard. Good start :/

If a mod wants to move it, feel free - otherwise, meh.

3. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

Moved

And welcome to the forum......I love the red MS3

4. Wildfyre116

Wildfyre116 New Member

Thanks x2. Mazda's True Red is one of the brightest reds I've come across. I totally dig it :)

5. JohnnyT

JohnnyT New Member

Welcome aboard! I along with a few others here work in Eagan so you may see us around. I'll be on the lookout for ya!

6. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Eagan Eh? Will have to keep an eye out for ya. I love the True Red, I had one of those and really liked it. Welcome!

7. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

Wait, what? Hi! I am not positive I remember you, but hi nonetheless! :) You car is beauty-ful :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  8. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

LOL I'm Tom too- and I drive a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT. Only mine is black. STRANGELY- I too dabbled in turbo DSM's, before Mazdas. Had a 1995 TSi AWD. If you know Spaz's old DSM, my car was a virtual clone of that. White on white.

9. TheCocaColaMan

TheCocaColaMan New Member

10. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Also, never been into homebrewing, I'd quit drinking for the better part of a decade and only recently discovered I was able to do so again without a retarded hangover. Plus I live in an apartment. I'd probably be available for sampling that cider you make....not a huge fan of IPA's. Too bitter.

11. MazdaSnowta

MazdaSnowta New Member

Welcome to the forum! Its nice to see some more new people around here, like myself!

12. I work in mendota heights....virtually Eagan you cant miss my hoopdie

13. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

Welcome! Nice lookin' ride.

14. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Welcome! I received a home brewing kit as a gift a couple years back, but for some reason I've never gotten around to using it. If you've got any favorite brewing resources or info sites, post em up!

15. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

Wait...did I sell you a car at one point?

16. Wildfyre116

Wildfyre116 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Right now, I use mostly reddit.com/r/homebrewing for questions, then visit Norther Brewer's stores and ask stuff in person, if needed. I still use their recipes, although nowadays I usually tweak them a bit.

Yes. That black 1g with a good motor, but trashed everything else. I was/am Kougar on DSMStyle/Mistustyle.

17. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

That's right! Now I remember! How cool :) Yea the majority of that car was pretty much worthless, but hopefully you got some good use out of the motor!

18. Tauni

Tauni I'm confused.

My fiance wants to know if you work in the business park that Tastee is in - says he sees a car just like yours on his way to work.

19. Wildfyre116

Wildfyre116 New Member

Pretty much. It's not really a business park but moreso just a bunch of different places every block. I work at a shared building a few blocks from Tastee, and I usually park aiming against the road, so it's visible when people drive by. I'm sure it's mine he's seeing :)