debadge & such

Discussion in 'Appearance and Body Modification' started by DK_man, May 17, 2013.

1. DK_man

DK_man New Member

so i want to debadge my 6 (rear and paint the flying M black) and quite possibly get rid of the door guards. any recommendations?

2. DK_man

DK_man New Member

didnt look around for any other posts (sorry if there is any) but a spur of the moment thing.

3. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

fishing line and depending on the age of the car, be prepared to wash it like a million times.

4. Wait for a nice sunny day, or if you have a heat gun you can use that to soften the adhesive on the door guards. The warmer they are the less adhesive you will have to peel off the doors

YSOSLO likes this.
  5. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

Yeah, it's REALLY easy. The door moldings will most likely peel clean if you leave it in the sun and get it nice and hot. Rear badge, I used a heat gun, but sun will work there too (mine was a "Ima debadge this shit...NOW" situation. Keep in mind the rear flying M has two pins in it and will not debadge clean- it will leave two holes in your rear lid.

As far as the wash portion- wash it twice, clay the sections where the 3m tape from the badges is still stuck to get it off (Or use bug and tar remover) wash it a 3rd time when you're done with that, and give it a good wax. Should be super sparkly and ready for summer.

6. DrWebster

DrWebster Guest

The way I've done it is to use fishing line or dental floss to "saw" through the 3M tape, using bug & tar remover along the way. Then hit it up with more bug & tar to get rid of any leftover adhesive. Make sure you wear thick gloves or your hands will pay the price.

7. DK_man

DK_man New Member

awesome. THANKS GUYS!! will def post pics when im done. plus i got my fog lights today and getting my new grill on monday.

8. DK_man

DK_man New Member

alright. so the fog lights that came in didnt fit and were a piece of junk. but i did put on my new grill. also, i debadged it and painted the rear M black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 1Kris06

1Kris06 MAD LIGHTS YO

What fogs did you buy? I always find find a ton of non sport ones online.

10. DK_man

DK_man New Member

i bought some from ebay (go figure they didnt fit)

11. DK_man

DK_man New Member

im glad i didnt take off my door trim because i had someone door ding me today.

12. DK_man

DK_man New Member

where do you find them at? i see a lot too, but theyre not made for my 6i.

13. Andy55725

Andy55725 New Member

Check here for universal led fog lights.
    I bought OPT7 kit for my 2004 Acura TSX.
    These bulbs are awesome! I can see 100% better. I also have the fog lights which are the same bulbs. The field of vision is expanded and the street signs become really reflective and stand out from a far distance away.

14. chandler

chandler New Member

Check out also 4WheelOnline, we got good deals on Warn fog beams from them.

15. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

What mndsm said. Hot sunny day and everything will peel right off. Wash, clay bar and polish/wax/sealant and you're good to go! This was one of the first things I did to my car and I still look down on stock door strips whenever I pull up next to another 3 at a stop light...lol