*COMPLETED* Kyle bribes MNMAZDA event

Discussion in 'General Events - Finalized & Planned' started by LASERBLUE135, Aug 11, 2008.

1. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

PICS AND VIDEO ON PAGE 10...post #96

Saturday August 23

Phone number: (nine five two) two one two - five two seven nine

HELPERS (so far) :vp::
    ........................Tom___Dan__ Jay_James__AJ__Joe__Matt__Dave...

When: 9am to 6pm all day

What: I bribe you guys to install parts (FMIC, full turboback exhaust, motor mount inserts, and shift bushings)

Why: Because I can't do it myself and I want to have an event at my house

Where: 6736 Blaisdell Ave South, Richfield, plenty of parking for 50 cars. MAP LINK IS BELOW.

MAP LINK

(TAKE THE 66TH ST EXIT OFF OF 35W OR THE NICOLET AVE EXIT OFF 494, there is construction at the other locations)

HOW?: I plan on getting plenty of beer, margarittas, pizza, steak, and other goodies to make you happy you came!

YOU let me know what I can bribe you with to come and put in some hard work. I need muscles for install, cars to pick up tools/food/etc, and cooks to make food and drinks!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  2. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

SO AGAIN TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ME TO GET? WHAT BRAND OF BREW DO YOU LIKE? WHAT IS DECENT GRUB? If you're willing to help out, I'm happy to get what you want.

Also I'm looking for TOOL/LIFT help. Tools should be easy to get as there are hardware stores all around the house, if anyone has a 12mm wrench of any kind that would be helpful as I don't know what it takes to get to those bolts. And any type of lift would be helpful too as the higher off the ground we get the car, the better.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  3. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

I'll go just cause that dog/wookie rules.

4. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

LOL, that dog pic is EPIC.

BTW, that dog is also GIGANTIC. When I was picking up my wheels I met him, pretty sure he managed to get slobber on my face, while I was standing up.

5. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I'm in. As for tool help, I'm pretty sure I can cover the necessary items to get the exhaust done... never done a FMIC so I can't say there, but I'll just pack a bunch of stuff and haul it over.

And yes, Kyle's dog is freakin enormous! lol

6. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

The exhaust should be a huge pain (THANK YOU GREATLY FOR ANY TOOL HELP!), the fmic should be really easy??? don't really know, but it seems straight forward.

7. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Do you have any instructions for the kit? I would think the only potential complications would be if you needed to cut the bumper support. In which case a sawzall should be all you need.

8. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

No instructions, but I'm told there is a VERY VERY MINOR amout of cutting, not a big deal at all.

9. Schmitty

Schmitty New Member

I'd love to be there but it is rally weekend man. Good luck.

10. StealthSpeed3

StealthSpeed3 Charge THIS!!

i work til 3, could make it over there afterwards and be the runner for food/whatever else and try to help out and learn a little in the process.

11. 2BAR4WS

2BAR4WS New Member

Um, you're not really going to use those clamps pictured, are you? They sure dont look like Tbolts, and I definitely wouldnt use standard hose clamps if you're going to boost more than 9psi or so... and standard clamps dig in and gouge silicone couplers. Not good.

What size is the IC piping? 2"? 2.5"?

I'd have to check what my schedule is, but if you need cutting, I have 3 18V sawzalls and 7 batteries:MONTY: Id just need someone to grab a metal demo blade for them...

12. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

Yah, that's what I'm going to use, everyone does it and it's fine, hell people put those on Evos and boost more than 25 pounds! they will be fine.

13. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Good call on the t-bolt clamps. They can be had pretty cheaply and are worth the investment, especially since you're running higher than stock boost.

I bet MAP could get you a solid price on a mess of clamps, otherwise www.siliconeintakes.com has a pretty decent selection of economy t-bolt clamps. No need to go all out one fancy ones, IMO, since high boost on the MSP is still only 10-12psi.

14. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

hmmmmm, I guess I'll check the goods and see about t-clamps all the way around. I know Full Blown has them just down the street.

15. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Yeah, we're not talking catastrophic failure using the worm-gear clamps, but from the looks of that kit, $25 will get you set up proper-like.

16. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

I took the liberty of hiding the URL for the map properly so you don't have to stare at the query string :p

17. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

thanks, very nice.

18. 2BAR4WS

2BAR4WS New Member

Uh, no, they dont, sorry. Mine start blowing off at 16PSI from a dinky ass turbo. And the fact remains they eat the hell out of silicone, and dont compress it enough to get a good seal. Even the SRT4 guys pony up the couple of extra bucks for Tbolts when they start getting into stage 2 upgrades...

the only people who use those are cheap people.

If you blow off a coupler under boost it very well could be a catastrophic failure.

19. 2BAR4WS

2BAR4WS New Member

WTF? What's with the lack of an edit button?

20. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 New Member

I have an edit button :), I took your advise and got the t-bolts.