Car Care Products

Discussion in 'An Eye For Detail' started by StealthSpeed3, May 25, 2008.

1. StealthSpeed3

StealthSpeed3 Charge THIS!!

In light of the detailing meet i thought that a new thread would be appropriate regarding car care products, what seems to be the best, what's the worst, and what's lurking in the middle.

So to start things off i'll get things rolling by saying Black Magic Wet Shine seemed alright at first as it was being applied, but after letting it set for a while and wiping it off it left a light oily residue on the Speed3 so it had to be rewaxed with some stuff that nate had on hand and that made one hell of a difference. No oily residue, and a very impressive shine. 6 out of 10

On the subject of glass/light cleaning Invisible Glass made by Stoner seems to be the best stuff out there, it doesn't leave streaks like windex, it's relatively inexpensive ( $3/can), and works perfectly. I've made a habit of keeping at least one can of this around for cleaning glass on the car and around the house. 10 out of 10 in my book.

2. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

I'll have to check out the Invisible Glass. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I'm a BIG fan of Zaino products after using them (Z-2 and Z-6) on both of our vehicles and a couple of relative's vehicles. Goes on easy and NO residue, which rocks!...and it lasts longer than anything else I've tried.

3. Slim

Slim Guest

Good idea but we should get this moved to the Detail Section. MODS help please.

4. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

::::::::crickets:::::::::

guess that means it's staying put for now.

Tried RainX wipes on the wife's Pilot and while the application was a breeze, it' doesn't seem like they work nearly as well as the regular liquid version.

5. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

Use some carnauba wax on your windows.
    Works awesome!