*CANCELED* 2009 Itasca State Park Cabin Trip! May 29th -30th

Discussion in 'General Events - Planning' started by AJ, Jan 11, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

*Update: Canceled for this year. Hopefully we can get it going next year again.*

Ok, after talking with Matt a bit today and looking around, we need to start the $$ planning of this trip asap. Basically the Club House we used last year with great results is already booked up to much of the summer. So the last weekend in May is still available for rent.

So here is what we are thinking this year.

-2 night (Fri & Sat nights, coming back Sunday)
    -would be around $50 with the full 21 people for the lodging expenses per person
    -Check in Friday the 29th, Leave Sunday the 31st

we either need quick prepayment to build the funds to reserve this, or someone to be able to put the whole reservation on their CC for the group. Jana and I did it last year and it worked out well, not having any issues collecting payment before we left for the trip. It's $470 a night for the clubhouse + some small fees. (so just about 1K in up front costs).

This was an outstanding trip last year in every aspect. The only problem I see is more people may want to go than we can put in the clubhouse. In that case I think those who went last year should have first chance to go again, but be advised there are several other cabins that cost less in the area that can be shared amount groups of 2-8, and everyone can still spend the time together. Those rentals will be separate though from this big Club House rental.

If anyone is 100% in and can be the payment person on this post on up. We would need to know the min we have to get to you for you to be able to reserve the cabin. Jana and I will not be able to this year for obvious baby reasons (possibly why we may not be able to go as well), but we will help with anything we can for planning.

People willing to pay up front (By February 13th)

Single Beds $50
    Single 1: Matt
    Single 2: AJ
    Single 3: James
    Single 4:
    Single 5:
    Single 6:
    Single 7:

Double Beds $100
    Double 1: Josh + 1
    Double 2: Tauni + Corey
    Double 3: Dan + Jenny
    Double 4:
    Double 5:
    Double 6:
    Double 7:

Keep in mind the lodging cost will vary based on how many people sign up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
  2. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

IN!!!

3. StealthSpeed3

StealthSpeed3 Charge THIS!!

depends on schedule with school and work...

4. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Very In! I have no problem paying the $50 up front. Anyone who didn't go last year if you can make it I highly recommend it, was a really fun trip.

5. ZoomZoom Diva

ZoomZoom Diva New Member

In as well, and also have no issue paying the $50 up front. Really, it's a cheap trip.

EDIT: Can send paypal on the 11th or 12th of February.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  6. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Is there any way we could organize a similar event but at a place where booze isn't technically illegal? I know last year's trip went just fine, but it seems like there's a lot of potential for it to be kind of a bust...

7. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

For a group, the other options would have to be some sort of hotel trip, and while we could have much more flexibility of dates and locations, not as man would likely pay the $100+ a night costs. I think the clubhouse was a solid cover for the boozing, we just need to be smart about it.

8. Picklz

Another option is if someone can find a 'lake home' of sorts that we could rent out for a night or two. So far everything I've come across has been much smaller, and more money / night. As long as we keep the party at/in the cabin I don't see it being an issue.

9. Big Nate

Big Nate Chaos Engineer

I am in on this as well.

10. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

naw, we just need to lower the volume and not get got by ranger ninjas

11. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Last year everyone kept ALL the booze inside and anything outside was not in an obvious container. THis probably helped, but I think making this a 2 day event will keep the big drinking night down a bit as well, we fucking tore it up last year. lol

12. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

heh... fair enough. How was the drive up there, out of curiosity? Any fun roads worth speaking of?

13. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Lame highways the whole way pretty much, but walkie talkies meant that we were able to bring the chatbox with us... lol

14. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

lets just hope eddie and james can keep of of each other this time, eddie's rearending into james cost us some time

15. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

I'm gonna have a hard time resisting this one, given the shenanigans had by all at the last one....

16. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

I agree the highway was a bore, but that was probably one of the ONLY car trips I had ever been on where the walkies played a great role in the trip and made it fly by. Plus we stopped for misc photo stops. This year peeps could hit up that go kart track as well.

17. Picklz

We could take some more back-roads up this time if people wanted to, they aren't anything like what we found in Wisconsin, but it would still probably be a little more entertaining than the highway. Last time, being only a one night thing it was nice to get up there earlier.

18. AJ

AJ 110 HP of FURY!

Tauni can only come if she can pee in a gatorade bottle!

19. Picklz

:roll:

20. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

I'm in for two people. I can bring cash to bowling on Wednesday night.