• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Before & After Flex

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Here are a few pics of my wife's Honda Pilot before and after my first use of my Flex XC3401VRG polisher with Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish followed up with Zaino Z-2 and Z-6. Took all afternoon, but I think it turned out pretty well.

Big Nate

Chaos Engineer
Sweet pics. I want to see how that thing works. PM and we can get togather and test it on my car too.

ZoomZoom Diva

Is there a reason you didn't use the Z-1 base coat? I thought Z-1 and Z2 were initially supposed to be applied together (at least it was when I tried Zaino several years ago)...

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
I checked out a LOT of detailing forums before I bought anything and the majority of opinions out there indicated that using just the Z-2 and Z-6 did a great job of making the car look great and sealing out the elements. I don't even think they have a Z-1 anymore, unless you're referring to the Z-AIO (all in one). When I did my car last Fall and this Spring, I just used a clay bar on it and then put the Z-2 & 6 on it and that's it. No scratches to buff out yet luckily.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Well Nate did a GREAT job on Joe's car today, the weather was perfect especially for Joe's swimming...lol And enough of a breeze that we weren't dying in the garage.

The rotary did a fast job on some deep scratches and the Flex did well with the polish and glaze. Sorry we missed the "before and after" pics, but we couldn't resist the one above.

S

Slim

So, in the style of "Highlights" Magazine (???), how many things are wrong in that picture?

LOL. Thanks again for the hospitality Pete.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
lol....yeah I kinda missed cropping out my daughter and her empty Miller Lite bottle (recycling bin raider). It was great having you guys over. We'll definitely have to do it again sometime.

darkdan

I've been hearing a lot about the flex recently.

Is it dangerous near corners and edges like a true rotary? Or still safe for idiots like myself?

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
I wouldn't guarantee anything, because anyone can cause damage if you abuse your car. The Flex is an orbital that also rotates at the same time, but it doesn't rotate in a perfect circle due to the orbit so it's a lot harder to cause damage than a rotary. It basically gives you the same results as an orbital a lot faster. When Nate was working on Joe's car the Flex made it look great, however the rotary was used to remove the scratches from a sideswipe that you could catch your fingernail in. The Flex might have been able to get rid of those deeper scratches too, but it would have taken a lot longer.

YSOSLO

is the word, beotch
Here's a link to a review of the Flex with a video comparison to the Porter Cable 7424 at the bottom, since some were asking about it recently. Review Here