Autoworks Collision

Discussion in 'Reviews Galore' started by derrian, Nov 13, 2015.

1. derrian

derrian Pika-Zoom! Staff Member

http://www.autoworkscollision.net
    7780 State Hwy 55, Rockford, MN 55373
    autoworks1@peoplepc.com

Now I know these guys are a bit out of the city, but we will always take our cars there from now on. They do great work, they go above and beyond, and they are just plainly awesome to just chit chat with ;)

We have taken the MS3 in there twice now. Once for a dent/crease in the rear quarter, right in front of the tire. We were worried that the paint matching would be the hardest part since my paint is Mika. But they mix their own paint and it was spot on, blended perfectly. I couldn't ask for more.

Second time it went in was for the side being slightly side swiped. I had a mark from front quarter all the the way back to the rear quarter. Again, amazing service, perfect paint matching. They removed my side molding on request and even randomly fixed a couple of paint chips around the car "just because". Was awesome.

They also had no issues order my after market wheels that had been damage. Not an easy thing and they have to be bought online.

Great place. I would highly recommend it ;) We seem to deal with Scott alot (and tend to chat for ever with him just because) but Lee has helped as well with the random paint chips.

YSOSLO likes this.
  2. niterydr

niterydr Legendary Status!

I can also vouch for these guys. Excellent work, family run business, and great prices. I've had them fix a Dodge Stealth and a Dodge Ram.

3. derrian

We just had a full paint job done here as well. They definitely go above and beyond on everything they do. We had several email updates on progress and pictures of the car every week.

A++++ from us always

4. YSOSLO

YSOSLO is the word, beotch

So glad to see this post! I'm in the market for a paint job later this year or early next year. Curious as to what they charge, ballpark of course. I had a lousy experience with DJ Foreign Auto Repair several years ago.

5. niterydr

niterydr Legendary Status!

I think the shop labor rate is $65/hr. It's very very reasonable.

My buddy hit a couple of raccoons in his 2003 z06 coming home from PG last night...guess where that car is going this week for a new bumper cover and respray.

YSOSLO likes this.
  6. derrian

Looking at the total we did $5800 ish for a 91 miata

BUT that included much more than just paint:
    • The car was stripped down to bare metal
    • We had used a bumper and a few other parts that need to be stripped as well
    • There was body work done to make the bare metal as good as it could be for paint.
    • We had Fiber glass trunk that need to be prep/sanded painted and installed
    • We also had fiber glass doors that need to be prep/sanded painted and installed (including all internals)
    • We had after market headlights that we wanted custom painted
    The price was about what I expected with all the work extra we had done ;)

YSOSLO likes this.