• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

Armor All

W

WhiteSpy9

Gave my car the TDL Sunday and for the first time hit it with some Armor All wipes on the interior. I was in the garage and didn't notice until this morning, but it has totally changed the color of my dash from matte grey to gloss black.

Hopefully I can get it off later tonight...

Any of you use armor all on your dash?

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Armor All is BAD news. Shit will dry out your dash and make it all crack-tastic. If you want a good detailer, use Pledge. I prefer citrus, because then my car smells nice. But really, it's the best interior detailer i've ever used. And Dawn (dish soap) and water on the seats, followed by some Pledge to recondition it. Works like a charm.

dmention7

Hater
What I've always heard is that Armor-All works great. Until you stop using it. It keeps things looking nice, but your dash will get all dry and cracked, like Tom said, if you stop using it or switch to something else.

W

WhiteSpy9

I never realized how bad it really was until this morning. I've never had a new car and all previous cars already had it applied to the dash.

I really hope with some meg's quick detailer and/or some soap I can get that shit off.

Armor All is BAD news. Shit will dry out your dash and make it all crack-tastic. If you want a good detailer, use Pledge. I prefer citrus, because then my car smells nice. But really, it's the best interior detailer i've ever used. And Dawn (dish soap) and water on the seats, followed by some Pledge to recondition it. Works like a charm.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Spy, Dawn ought to take that shit off. Cuts grease like a motherfucker, and well, Armor All is basically synthetic grease. Should be fine.

M

mazdamn02

boo to armor all. i got some as a present a while back and threw it out!

Z

Z-licious

I use this Sonus stuff that I got from autopia. It works great, looks great, and I can definitely tell it's working because I missed some out-of-the-way spots and it looks much more dull than the spots that got treated.

D

dragongirlie

Does pledge leave that shiny look? Cause I hate that.

M

MPLSrx7

i have used the wipes in the past with good results, but i have heard bad things so i dont use then anymore. i just use a damp paper towel now.

S

speed_addict

armor all is the devil. it is shiny greasy nasty stuff that over time eats your dash and causes it to crack. use the meguires quick interior detail... it cleans and protects without greasing it.

S

speed_addict

lol i need to make a different one for this forum, the other forum its bigger and readable lol....

T

tricky

I used some meguire's (spellng) interior detailer 2 weeks ago and it's still looking great. It gave the dash a clean non wet look, but impressice none the less.