• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

A second Tint Day hosted in Bag - July 9th

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Kelsey will be gone for a bachelorette party that day/night so I think I can probably swing by for a while wif some beer in tow.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Wife will be collecting baby presents, somewhere. I don't wanna be in the same county. I'm in.

Gdschaf

how much is it to remove tint and replace it just on my back window? I fucked it up a couple months ago. probably count me in since i need to get that done asap.

1Kris06

MAD LIGHTS YO
how much is it to remove tint and replace it just on my back window? I fucked it up a couple months ago. probably count me in since i need to get that done asap.
could always remove it yourself and just have them re-tint it.

D

DrWebster

Tint is a bitch to pull from a rear window because of the defroster. Do it wrong and you leave pieces of either tint or adhesive behind; do it really wrong and you can pull some of the traces of the defroster off the glass.

According to Tint Pros' site, removal of tint from the rear window is $50, and applying new to it is $75. There may be a price break on that since you'd be showing up on Tint Day though.

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Count me in... wife has approved the tinting of the MINI Cooper. I'll be wanting 20% again, yo.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Tint is a bitch to pull from a rear window because of the defroster. Do it wrong and you leave pieces of either tint or adhesive behind; do it really wrong and you can pull some of the traces of the defroster off the glass.

According to Tint Pros' site, removal of tint from the rear window is $50, and applying new to it is $75. There may be a price break on that since you'd be showing up on Tint Day though.
What I would do is plan on these prices and understand there is a discount applied currently to applying new tint, I do not belive remove is discounted. I can safely say you'll get what you pay for with these guys. Let me know if you want me to add you, need name, car, and % you want in tint..

Count me in... wife has approved the tinting of the MINI Cooper. I'll be wanting 20% again, yo.
Sweet I'll add you in.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
first post updated, please let me know if anyone has others they would like to add, I'll need to sure up the count soon.

Thanks!

Gdschaf

What I would do is plan on these prices and understand there is a discount applied currently to applying new tint, I do not belive remove is discounted. I can safely say you'll get what you pay for with these guys. Let me know if you want me to add you, need name, car, and % you want in tint..
i don't know the % of my tint, since i bought it used and all. do think they could tell what % it is by just looking at it? if so
Garrett, Mazda 3 (rear window removal and retin) and the % of the tint currently on there lol

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
they have a tester to get the % on the car, but since it's not their tint the only thing you can do is get that % from them the day of and talk with them about the closest option to it. They will listen to what you're looking for and do their best. I'll add you to the list.

W

WhiteSpy9

tempting... want tint to keep sun off baby... do not want cops stopping baby because of tint.

Jana

tempting... want tint to keep sun off baby... do not want cops stopping baby because of tint.
You & Megan should at least stop by with Drew! I'm tempted to have mine removed because I'm uber paranoid now after getting my ticket. :(

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
Just look at it as a tint tax, as long as I'm not hassled more than once a year on average I don't really mind, it's worth it to me. Also Andy even 40-50% helps with the sun, and is unlikely to get hassled by the cops.