• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

A second Tint Day hosted in Bag - July 9th

mndsm

I'M OFFENDED!
Mine was legitimate, and no the cops cannot ticket you for tint if you have a prescription for it. I've been asked about my tint once I had the script, show the cop and he was "OK cool" and didn't say another word.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Simply you need to talk to your eye doc about it, if you don't have eye problems that warrant it, it's probably not gonna happen. I have extreme sensitivity to light as well, I just don't get hassled enough to worry about it.

D

DrWebster

Light sensitivity is one reason, or any other kind of eye condition that would worsen or make driving more difficult if you encounter glare.

For example, I have a condition called nystagmus. Basically, it means that I have limited depth perception and my eyes have difficulty locking on to and following an object. (If I watch golf -- even on TV -- I can't follow the ball in the air, I just lose it. About the smallest object I can follow is a softball, and that's only if it's neon green so it has some contrast.) The glare from the sun or cars' headlights exacerbates this for me. Polarized prescription sunglasses have helped, but I'm not wearing sunglasses at dusk/dawn or at night. Tint is polarized, though, so it does a great job of knocking down the glare regardless of the time of day.

But yes, you need to discuss this with your eye doctor.

StealthSpeed3

Charge THIS!!
out for this one after a little incident today downtown...

car was hit while i was in class.

:signs066::signs066::signs066::signs066:

Last edited:

StealthSpeed3

Charge THIS!!
nope. no note whatsoever. I usually park in the same spot tues & thurs so i'm going to keep an eye out for a blue car with a scratched bumper, maybe get some info or leave a note for them or something. Completely ruined my day.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Can someone clean this thread up so I can have a fresh slate for getting this list going. I think a prescription thing needs its own thread.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Bump for clean up and those who want tint, i'm going to open this up again to other forums at the end of the weekend to lock some spots in.

I was also thinking though this might be a good day to do the Plasti shit.

D

DrWebster

OK, I'll probably try to get there at 10 then. Could you also update my entry in your first post? The tint is getting done on a 2011 Mazda 2, 40%.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Yeah, feel free. We won't have a ton of cars for tinting that day, so that will free up space for any other car work wanted as the day progresses.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
I'm also going to grill up some of the beef we have from the farm for sample :D For those meat lovers, i'm curious to here the feedback!