• We have updated to the newest version of the forum. Please let us know if you see any issues. And, yes, we know the shoutbox is gone. We'll see about getting it back if they make a newer version.

2002 Miata Project

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
If I want it ready for Auto X yes, every other weekend in April i'm busy. I guess worst case I don't put them on before MOWOG 1 & 2.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
First full day out of storage, come home and find a few recently ordered goodies.

Got my auto x numbers in:

Quick toss on the car:

Got my front plate bracket in today. Connect to the baby teeth, very nice kit, tucks it off to either side of the car and comes off as easy as it goes on.

And then just a quick pic of the noggin protection I picked up early this past winter at Bob's Cycle

niterydr

Legendary Status!
Looking good! I haven't ordered numbers first, I figure I can do the blue tape mod for the first event and see if I like it prior to ordering numbers.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
So, just thinking out loud here, anyone interested in taking a stab at the suspenion this coming Sunday afternoon, i'm open to tossing out some cabbage. Maybe 2 or more want to rock it out for say $150 (split two ways?) and also open to just doing a grill day for others to watch, maybe do a few other intall items if others need to. Sat is 100% booked for us, and I couldn't start anything till around 1pm on Sunday, but thought I'd toss it out there. Those working on the car would obviously eat & drink for free.

Otherwise I'm waiting to install during the install day after C&C, if I get them done sooner then I can open up more space for others.

Adam777

I should amend that: I'm interested if the car is a no-winter car. I spent all weekend fighting rusted bolts and don't want to do that again.

Picklz

SUDO Make me a SAMCH
I have to help Kelsey move, not really sure what time we will be done so I can't commit to a time. If it's early enough I'd be willing to come lend a hand if needed. I can text or call ya and see if it's on or not if I finish up early.

dmention7

Hater
I can't commit 100% right now, but I'll keep an eye on this thread. If I end up being free, I'd be happy to help out.

Do you have tools? i.e. 1/2" socket set, extensions, and breaker bar?

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
I should amend that: I'm interested if the car is a no-winter car. I spent all weekend fighting rusted bolts and don't want to do that again.
not sure actually, and that's one of my bigger scares. The car only has 25k on it for a 2002, it was garaged all last winter, but before that I don't know. I don't visibly see any rust on the car.

I can't commit 100% right now, but I'll keep an eye on this thread. If I end up being free, I'd be happy to help out.

Do you have tools? i.e. 1/2" socket set, extensions, and breaker bar?
nope, i'll have to grab some tools from Checker, which is thankfully a football field away. :)

S

spek1098

I could always bring my tools along. Guessing jacks and stands are need too?

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
Hey guys, thanks for the offers, but I'm trying to do too much this weekend so I am going to wait for install weekend. I'll run the first event as is and see how things go form there. Get some before and after seat time.

AJ

110 HP of FURY!
So my goals have kinda changed now that I'm planning on running in the STR class for AutoX, and had a fucking blast doing so.

I'm going to see if I can find a spot to weight the car with me in it before the weekend, and then kinda document the build.

Plans now include lilghter wheels and probably a new drivers seat as well.

Adam777

Hey man, I wouldn't sweat the weight as much as the width of the wheel. As long as you keep things under 15 lbs, you should be OK and using the widest wheel allowed in the class will make better use of your tires.