08speed3 vs. 08 mini clubman

Discussion in 'Reviews Galore' started by shadyspeed3, Aug 19, 2008.

1. shadyspeed3

shadyspeed3 Guest

2. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

After having read dozens of mazdaspeed3 reviews this one was really weak, but I guess that's not what they specialize in at askmen.com.
    The mini clubman doesn't burn rubber very well- 7 seconds to 60?

3. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

160bhp.... it's not going to be a rocket.... that's all the faster my S is.

4. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

yeah, it's kind of a strange comparo, because except for the wagonish design, the cars really share very little in spirit or target market.

5. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

The JCW clubman goes pretty quick though :)

6. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

What's the JCW package good for? Something like 200 to the wheels?

7. mazdamn02

mazdamn02 Guest

200 to the wheels in a mini sounds tasty...

8. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

Yeah, its about that... and it is.

9. ZoomZoom Diva

ZoomZoom Diva New Member

How much does the JCW Clubman cost?

EDIT: It STARTS at $31,450 without even starting to add on necessities. Totally different price class of vehicle to even be comparable.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  10. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

I don't remember, but since MINIs themselves are pretty spendy, I bet it's not cheap.

11. mndsm

mndsm I'M OFFENDED!

31 sounds about right for a JCW clubman. A COMPLETELY loaded S will run you over 30, so that makes sense. Ours stickered somewhere in the 25's when new.

12. Slim

Slim Guest

I saw a JCW Clubman on the road the other day and that thing was sweet looking. Kind of tempted to make that my wife's next car. Although I'd probably have to get just the S version.

13. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

I'm not a big fan of the clubman... too big lookin. Though the doors in the back blocked a lot less vision than I thought they would.

I told Jenny she should get a mini for her next car... she wants a truck, and an auto though :(

14. Picklz

Picklz SUDO Make me a SAMCH

Wow, I didn't realize there was a JCW Mini, that thing looks dope! You drove one dan? How'd you like it compared to the MS3? I like the looks of it. Came in at about 34k configured the way I'd want it give or take.

15. Workdawg

Workdawg NARWHAL

When I configured one on their site I came in at 37.7k :(

The JCW I drove was a clubman, so a little bigger then the cooper mini. It didn't have the raw power feel the MS3 has, but it was nice. While the minis were fun to drive, I think you're still paying too much for name.

16. dmention7

dmention7 Hater

Yeah, there is definitely a bit of a name premium on the minis. But unlike, say, the honda or toyota premiums, the mini definitely delivers a car that stands out from the crowd.

17. ij1889

ij1889 New Member

i thought the review was decent, i do deeply hate this jcw, it looks retarded, way to big looking outside, i have test driven a mini s and those things are sweet, but yeah they are 2 completely different cars and should not be rated together

18. WhiteSpy9

WhiteSpy9 Guest

At the clubman price point, I'm comparing it to a BMW 135